I am really giving poor Kyren a run for his money. He is holding up well, however. Good for him. I didn't think he would.

Yes, so we went to Goodwill last night after eating out at Red Lobster. Along with the four glasses I mentioned below, I also picked up two teacups and saucers in the pattern called Dutch Yellow by Mikasa. The only reference I've found to them is a plate for $53.99 at Replacements.com. They don't seem to be on ebay, but I'm going to have a favorite search thingy running for a month to see if I can price them properly.

I also picked up a low not-really-a-mixing bowl (stoneware) in pale yellow, and a cute, newer mixing bowl with the words 'flour, sugar, butter, eggs' and something else, I think, embossed around the circumference. And a creamer from Noritake in a pattern called Sorcerer (how could I resist?)

And then I found a teacup with a built-in ocarina. I think the idea is that you pour the hot tea in and the steam (??) makes the whistle blow, but I'm not positive about that. Either way, it's an interesting piece to add to my (growing) collection.

I think that's all I bought. We weren't there very long. But shoot, if I keep finding expensive glassware and china at Goodwill and reselling them for signifigant profit, then I can't really complain about my Goodwill habit, can I?

I got the embellishments book yesterday. It's really going to be fun to experiment with the patterns. There is a leaf border that I really want to try out. I'm going to have to learn all the abbreviations first, though, because I kept having to check the back of the book for some of them.

Comments

Popular Posts