Yesterday was notable only because we went yard saling in the morning, and hit the jackpot with the very last yard sale we visited. (I did get a nice old wooden box that I'm currently using as a sewing/whatever box at a different one, however...)

I guess the family had/has a antique and collectible business set up in their barn, and there were quite a few things I would have walked away with if I only had room in Storage (no development in the thing that concerns Storage, yet, btw.) Like a misson-style desk, and a couple of nice little side tables, for example.

I did buy three mesh hatboxes with moons and stars on the fabric (for yarn), and an old wooden box (for yarn) that could be a side table in a pinch. Dad found me a framed huge Nightmare Before Christmas poster, and then he also found the jackpot.

Inside one of those many-drawered map cases and stacked on top in boxes and more drawers, were FOSSILS. Lots and lots and pounds and pounds of FOSSILS. (And, as we've discovered, four pieces of flint--one scraper, one maybe axe-head, and two unknowns.) All these fossils were locally gathered (the guy even put the place he found them underneath most of them.) Some trilobytes, lots of shells, big and small... quite a few pieces of coral. And a couple of things that I swear look like teeth and/or dinosaur claws, but Dad claims cannot be, as there were no dinosaurs roaming the area around Beechmont Mall. *sigh*

I would guess all told, there is over 50 lbs. of fossils. Probably more than that. Twelve drawers in the map case, four other small drawers (or five; I can't remember) and a couple of boxes in all.

Dad and I split the cost, so half are mine. Haha.

But there might be a fortune in fossils in the house at the moment. It's rather cool. We're going to get a fossil book and do some major identification, and then try to price what we have. We don't plan on selling all of them, because I definitely want to keep some of the shells. (And I do mean shells! Very, very cool stuff.

So anyway.

Today we picked apples and made six pie mixes. My hands are still sticky even though I've washed them numerous times. And at the moment, I'm trying to see whether my new boxes will hold all my new yarn, or what. Or, I will be in a moment here...

Nothing on my list is done, of course. But I do feel like I accomplished something this weekend, even if it was just writing a bit and helping around the house. And yard saling, of course.

Ah well. At least I'm off tomorrow. :)

Comments

Popular Posts