I don't usually sleep well on nights that there's a full moon. Not because I turn into a wolf or anything; I just think it's too light outside. Or something.

I did not sleep at all last night. Dropped off after 5am after finishing two books, and slept until 8am. Ugh.

In all that spare time, I mentally rearranged the Cape Cod's kitchen/dining/living room, trying to fit in my dining room set. (I didn't really succeed. I can fit in the table and the china cabinet, but not the hutch.) If I do end up getting that house, I might have to give up the dining room set. We'll see. (And I am so getting rid of the chairs anyway. I hate those chairs.)

I had just gotten to the point where I removed some of the cabinet doors and replaced them with old windows (I don't have any old windows, but I guess that's beside the point) as the doors. They didn't look all that bad. Oh, and I rekeyed the house (in my dreams, this is) and managed to fit my real kitchen table in the laundry room.

Somehow or another, I also managed to figure out where to put most of my stuff upstairs. But since I forgot to check and make sure the upstairs was actually wired for electricity (something that might explain the cheap-o price, actually) I definitely have to go back.

I also dreamed--sometime--that there was a body between the wall-that-goes-nowhere in the laundry room. (There's a closet in the laundry room. Beside the closet is a built up wall that has no discernable purpose. I thought maybe it was to make the closet deeper, but it doesn't. My realtor suggested that maybe that's where the old pump for the well went, something I know nothing about.)

So I did some research last night about types of insulation (it has blown-in insulation, which is evidently good) and discovered that I can get a free quote from Sears for heating and cooling systems.

Oh, that reminds me: Since there's no ductwork in this house, it would have to be built in. I had this great idea to hide the ductwork behind a freestanding floor to ceiling bookcase while lying awake last night. I just got the premier copy of Cottage Living and two or three of the houses inside had these really cool bookcases. They can't be hard to make. Really.

So anyway, I figured it wouldn't hurt to get a ballpark figure as to how much installing one would cost.

And I also discovered that the number I have is my pre-qualification number, which makes sense. Pre-approval will hopefully come on the tail end of that, and we can go on from there. I read up a bit on buying houses, and now I am armed with a bit more information.

And now I'm really tired, and I don't know how long I can stay awake on three hours of sleep. Ugh.

Comments

Unknown said…
RE: body.
If I didn't know you were a writer, I would have contacted the nearest psych ward ;-)

Popular Posts