I think my subconscious is trying to tell me something.

Last night, probably as a direct result of seeing an Opera House (an Opera House!!!!!!!!!) for sale in the classifieds for only $199,900 or something like that, I had a dream that there was a museum somewhere in a city that was for sale. It was a two-hundred year old stone monstrosity (yes, I'm stuck on stone) and I was not worried at all that I would be able to get a loan and buy it.

Now, it was smack dab in the middle of a city. It did have a bit of land around it, and a walking garden-type thing, which was nice. It also came with its very own guardian wood spirit and gargoyles. And it had a parking lot.

Evidently, the old lady who owned the museum before had lived in it, and had built up a sort of tiered floor on the main floor (it was one big room, almost like a church, but it had smaller rooms up above. There wasn't a second floor, per se, but more of a catwalk with rooms leading off the catwalk. If that makes sense. (Hey, it made sense in the dream.) There were rooms in the front, and the front of the building had been built on a bit. It was a really interesting building. If I could draw, I'd try to draw it.

Since I hadn't bought it yet, there were people arriving to look around, and I asked the wood spirit to keep an eye on things because it came with contents, and I didn't want anyone to walk away with the contents. He told me that a lady had asked him if he wanted to make some money and keep an eye on her car in the parking lot--evidently she thought he was a bum. We shared a chuckle over that. I told him I intended to ask the gargoyles to keep their eyes on things as well as I went to finalize the paperwork, etc.

I woke up after I had decided that I wanted to take down the tiered floor thingy (It was kind of like what Tick-Tick did in Finder, for those who have read that book) and see what the floor underneath looked like. I think it was in some sort of a mosaic. And perhaps the building had once been a church. Who knows? After all, I've always wanted to live in a church...

In other news, I wrote a lot this weekend, but didn't get a lot in word-wise. I wrote two chapters, decided to change the POV character for the pertinent chapter (I needed to get everyone in the same place and it just wasn't working out) and had to delete two chapters. So now I'm on the second version of the first chapter and somewhere in the vicinity of 54,000+ words.

Comments

Popular Posts