Yesterday, I had to go to a meeting in Dayton. I wasn't really looking forward to the drive (or the meeting) but I was looking forward to meeting Jenny for lunch and seeing her new house.

Well, I didn't run into any traffic on the way up, and although none of the streets I wanted to visit were right on my (admittedly old) map, I only got lost a couple of times. I had no trouble finding the Dayton office, however, which was a good thing.

Jenny's new house is cool! And she has a nice big yard with huge trees. I am envious. :) And the orange room will be fabulous once she is finished. It's a Cape Cod, so I got to imagine how the one in Ripley looks, even though the layout is a bit different.

I am going to look at two houses on Sunday with my realtor, Mom, maybe Bekah, and anyone else who might want to go. One of them is the Cape Cod, the other is what looks to be a nice old house in Georgetown. (Stained glass windows, anyone?) The Cape Cod has an acre of wooded land (on my list!) but the house in Georgetown doesn't have much land at all. So we'll see.

This afternoon after work, I am going to drive by the Cape Cod and see how bad the hill is. It is nine miles away from Georgetown, and 39.5 miles away from work. (However, a nice straight stretch to work, though.)

I didn't get anything written last night. On my way home from Dayton (via Xenia--I discovered that 35 met up with 68, and I encountered no traffic whatsoever!) I decided to stop by my coworker's house and visit with Mabel. I didn't get home until after 8pm. (And now that I think about it, I never did eat supper last night, but I wasn't hungry at all, due to lunch at the Olive Garden.)

Now I know a "shortcut" to Jenny's house, so perhaps we can visit each other more often. It sure beats driving down 75 all the time. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts