Well. Had dinner at a friend of the family's house tonight with everyone, so that was nice. Got to eat cherry pie made from scratch (I even helped make the pie crust, so I guess I don't really suck badly at it, I'm just inexperienced.) I have a piece for tomorrow saved in the fridge, so that will be nice as well.

This weekend's going to be busy. Saturday's the auction, and Sunday we get to go house-viewing (well, two houses.) It looks like I should get most of Monday to work on SCR, knit, and do whatever while I'm waiting for the bank's decision. (I'm trying not to think about that too obsessively, in truth.)

Haven't heard back from AntiqueWeek about covering the auction, but again, I don't really need a lot of advanced notice. It is supposed to rain, though. Luckily, the auction will be under a tent. (I'm only bringing $20 to spend, because I need all my extra money for house downpayment.)

So. Other than that...

Miss Hildy is fine, for anyone who wondered. This morning, she entertained me by pretending to have her head stuck in a toilet paper tube--a pastime that never ceases to amaze her. She also seems to like the large flower pot I put in her aquarium, because she spends a lot of time rolling it back and forth at two a.m. so it will clang against the aquarium sides and wake me up.

Eventually, it would be nice not to have her in a cage at all, and just allow her to 'roam' inside the playpen. I think she would like it. But we'll see. And also eventually I think I might like to have another hedgehog, but that might not be for a while.

Miss Mabel is also fine, and learning manners. She is very smart, too. And she's very interested in cats. Unfortunately, they aren't very interested in her. ;)

SCR is moving forward slowly. I'm getting the feeling that I've lost the thread of the story, but I really have to reread the whole thing and see where I'm headed, I think. I have no idea of the wordcount.

Comments

Popular Posts