I'm not in a very social mood this morning. All I want to do is sit here and get my work done without interruptions. Unfortunately, there are other people here who keep wanting to interrupt me. Urgh.

I got a lot written last night, or at least it felt like a lot. (I forgot to check the wordcount.) And I'm getting glimmerings of what will happen next, which is always a good sign. Kyren's getting double chapters, lucky him.

Um. What else?

Hildy spent about two hours in her 'run' last night, although most of that time was spent in her house asleep. I think it will work better if I let her out in my room and work up to going outside. She's scared of every sound, and Zoey won't bother her upstairs. The cats outside are far too interested for her comfort.

Oh, yeah. I have a dog, too, for when I do move. She's going to stay with my coworker (the one with the dogs) until then, but she's cute. An English Bulldog. Her name is Mabel, and I'm going to visit her this weekend. She was a rescue who was being kept in an abandoned building in Cincinnati. And I've never seen such an affectionate dog. :)

Let's see. Anything else? I'm so glad it's Thursday, but I'd rather it be Friday. Wishing my life away, I know. *sigh*

Oh, I forgot to add... we have a rat snake in our basement that's as long as I am tall (let's just say it's over five feet long.) How do we know this? Well, yesterday Bekah opened the door to the basement to go down and do something with the laundry, and discovered a freshly shed snakeskin at the bottom of the stairs. Evidently it was there the day before, but Jess thought it was the older one we had found before. Last night we also spotted a baby snake, but it slithered away before we could make an identification.

This is why we don't have many mice. Rat snakes are good to have. :)

Comments

Popular Posts