Well... I didn't buy much. Scored a small table for $10, a chest of drawers for $20, a dolphin ocarina for $1, a book for $7, and a box full of yarn for $36.

I couldn't pass up any of it. Most of the yarn is on spools, and there's enough to do something really serious, like a blanket or something. All of it retails for about $20 a spool. And it's largely wool.

While I was looking at the yarn (she must have had a hundred spools of yarn) she asked me if I was interested in "flax." Sure, I said, and she proceeded to pull out a half a box full of handspun yarn--the kind you do on spinning wheels. There was also some unspun wool roving in the bottom of the box, and a couple other balls of yarn. She sold me the contents of the box for $2, so I filled it up and ended up with $36 worth of yarn. An approximately $250 value.

The chest of drawers has very deep drawers, and is really sturdy. It was made from a stand or something (it has writing on the back) and it's built low to the ground.

The table is just a table with a small shelf underneath, painted black. And when I picked up the dolphin ocarina and was looking at it, the lady said to me, "That's $1.00." And I said, "Well, then, it's sold." And she said, "I figured you wouldn't put it down for $1.00." Which was correct. :)

Mom scored some good stuff too--two cross necklaces from the Vatican Gift Shop for $18 each, and a cake stand with a lid that transforms into a fruit/punch bowl.

It was actually cool this morning, but later on it got hot. And I had one guy really interested in my cane. ;)

Now Mom is making a peach praline pie, and I'm trying to convince Dad that Storage is way too full to fit the chest of drawers. (It is. He doesn't believe me.)

I'm not sure where I will fit the yarn. But it was too good to pass up.

Comments

Popular Posts